Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 89000 miles on the clock

I've just done over 89000 miles and apart from a surging issue all seems well.
    The bike has gone to the stealers for them to check the surging, which i hope will be repairable.
    My problem is I think i'm in love with my bike and at the moment can't bear the thought of trading up.
    I'd like to know hope many others have high mileage FZ1's.

Fantastic! Great to see high mileage examples still alive and kicking.

67,000 miles on my VFR and I feel the same way about replacing it.
    Last edited by Dustin; 07-26-2017 at 01:21 PM.

around 65,000. haven't ridden much in last two years though.

Wow 89k , what year is she ? Any issues along the way?
    My 06 is just turning 50k
    Cheers Delbert

Tell it like it is

I've got a measly 45,000 klms on my 2010 FZ1N in comparison and never had a problem.

It's been a bit hard lately to get much time to ride but I'm planning on going this Saturday and I can't wait.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Arrow Dark full system - Ivan's ECU flash - PCV with Ballmead map - Modded Airbox - DNA Air Filter - 08 R1 Forks and 6 Pot brakes with R6 MC - Penske 8983 Rear Shock - 49T Rear Sprocket - LighTech rear sets

Mines 2009.
    Major Issues: ( all happened after 50k)
    Two Ignition coils.
    Noisy alternator bearings
    New clutch
    New Alternator
    Starter relay.
    And currently - a surging issue, maybe related to a faulty air pressure sensor, i hope.

Just got 'The Call', from the dealership.
    "we suspect it is the Air Pressure Sensor but we are doing further tests to be certain, unfortunately it may not be ready until the middle of next week!. However we can offer you our New MT10sp as a courtesy bike!!"
    Clever Buggers.
    Last edited by apache; 07-27-2017 at 07:37 AM.

Oh, you poor unfortunate soul. How will you survive?

That's a bloody good effort, 89000 miles!! That's 143000 kms!! And with no major problems, very reliable bikes.

I've only done 12000 kms on my 2010 fz1n, just too bloody busy to ride it

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    That's a bloody good effort, 89000 miles!! That's 143000 kms!! And with no major problems, very reliable bikes.

I've only done 12000 kms on my 2010 fz1n, just too bloody busy to ride it
    Ive done these miles by commuting to work 6 days a week