Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: alternator

Default alternator

anyone else have issues with the alternator rotor destroying itself? I believe Yamaha have redesigned the rotor but want to charge megabucks for replacement

Quote Originally Posted by neil mac View Post
    anyone else have issues with the alternator rotor destroying itself? I believe Yamaha have redesigned the rotor but want to charge megabucks for replacement
    Are you referring to the Flywheel on the left side of the crank case or the stator itself? Gen I or Gen II?

Mine is fine - I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Are you referring to the Flywheel on the left side of the crank case or the stator itself? Gen I or Gen II?

Mine is fine - I think...
    gen2 rotor...stator is fine
    check out this post from Greek Owners club Fazer Hellas Club alternator-volan2_zps84c8a3c7.jpg

I had mine go on my 07 bike sounded rough like a bag of spanners and then the electrics went and it died.But O am lead to believe bikes from 2010 onwards ?? Have the upgraded alternator in them.mine was over 1200 for replacement.
    Fz1 Fazer 07 (gone) now 2012 fz1 Fazer scorpion exhaust+ cat converter taken out,heated grips,full fairing,gear indicator

Had I'm mine in my '06 go at 40,000km. Yamaha wanted a fortune. Managed to get a new one for $450. Pay to change both rotor bearings while your there as well, for 2 $5.00 bearings it's worth doing.

No sure if I will keep my bike { been bulletproof } if I do just wondering who has the most miles/klms on their bike [pre 2010] without the rotor destroying itself? I have 73,350 klms [ 2008 model ] without a problem

Yup, I have an 08 and my alternator assembly puked it magnets all into the oil pan. GET YAMAHAS UPDATED STATOR So Yamaha made a decision to fix their stator design. The new design has the magnets built inside.Part Number: 2SH-81450-00-00

Replaces Part # 5VY-81450-00-00

How many Miles on your bike Jman214 did the original rotor last ,thanks