Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

All Blog Entries

1. Day of peace...

Today was remarkable! It was a day of utter and complete peace. What is peace in my mind? Let me tell you about today and you will appreciate my peace!

Typically, I get up on Sunday and I make coffee and breakfast for everyone. There was a note on the fridge from my daughter. It said "Going to get Dunkin Donuts coffee. Don't make any! Love Bri."

What a sweetheart! :tup: So, I settle in for some posting waiting for her to get back and my wife to ...

Updated 02-15-2012 at 08:57 AM by FZ1inTX

Categories
    Random thoughts from Eric
  2. Pay scales

Something is fundamentally wrong with America. Why does someone for drives an 800+ hp car on Sundays make more money in a single year than ALL of the teachers combined in NH?

Why does a pro sports figure get paid more to play a GAME then the person teaching your 8 year old child?

Why do these people get paid more than the Fire, Police and EMT's who put there necks on the line for the rest of us?

Why do people buy into this and support it? Why ...

Updated 02-15-2012 at 08:49 AM by FZ1inTX

Categories
  3. Saving money

Sometimes I wonder why we save money, or collect valuable items. I know we plan for retirement so that we can have a comfortable life after all the years of work are done. You've paid your debt to society and it is time to collect. We all have fears about the future of our 401k's, IRA's, Stocks, funds, investments, and the always-present question "Will there be any money left in Social Security when I need it?"

All that aside, why should I save beyond this? If I die, ...

Updated 02-15-2012 at 08:50 AM by FZ1inTX

Categories
  4. The Lottery

Gotta play to win!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... You play and the chances to win are so minute! Yet, you don't play, you've lost that single chance of winning... It's all about hope.

I can tell you one thing though... I will NEVER pick my number set and stick with it unless I could somehow manage a LIFETIME subscription and here is why. Let's say you play this same set of numbers for 6 years, 21 weeks... and on that 22nd week, you forget to go put the ...

Updated 02-15-2012 at 08:52 AM by FZ1inTX

Categories
  5. Winterizing

That time of the year is fast approaching... the leaves are turning colors, the days are shorter and the cold is creeping in. The riding days have nearly ended for this season.

There's not a lot of effort to winterize the bike... clean it, lube it, block it, fill it with Stabil and plug in the tender... Done. Sad though... to see her sit for all those months waiting for that first spring day to arrive when she can hit the open road again.

But, there's more work to ...

Updated 02-15-2012 at 08:52 AM by FZ1inTX

Categories
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast