Choosing rearsets......

CRO_FZ1

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying rearsets, so my obvious question is, based on your experience what rearsets do you reccomend???

I have looked on the web for prices regarding the following brands:

- Over Racing (hand made)
- Rizoma
- Gilles
- Sato Racing

and also if you could reccomend a website that has good prices....

Thanks....

I'm very happy with my Rizomas. Very high quality, excellent adjustability, work great.

I bought mine from PJ's Parts. Being that you're in Europe you probably don't want to buy them from a shop in the US.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying rearsets, so my obvious question is, based on your experience what rearsets do you reccomend???

I have looked on the web for prices regarding the following brands:

- Over Racing (hand made)
- Rizoma
- Gilles
- Sato Racing

and also if you could reccomend a website that has good prices....

Thanks....
i got the TRW "Black Edition" ones. they are LUSH !!!!!!!!

seth46-albums-mods-picture1150-right-side-pressure-switch-included-brake-light.jpg

I'm very happy with my Rizomas. Very high quality, excellent adjustability, work great.

I bought mine from PJ's Parts. Being that you're in Europe you probably don't want to buy them from a shop in the US.

I've seen a couple of reviews here on the rizoma rear sets, I think it was yours. So you didn't have a problem fitting the no additional modifications were needed?
And what about changing the position of the right backstep, were you limited because of the lenght of the rear brake hose??? You know what I mean??

and one last question do the levers interfere with the side stand, I have the naked version without the center stand, will I have trouble if I would adjust the rearsets more to the back and slightly up???

Thanks...

Found the price for the rizomas here in europe the price is 370 euros which is approx 470$.

I've seen a couple of reviews here on the rizoma rear sets, I think it was yours. So you didn't have a problem fitting the no additional modifications were needed?
And what about changing the position of the right backstep, were you limited because of the lenght of the rear brake hose??? You know what I mean??

and one last question do the levers interfere with the side stand, I have the naked version without the center stand, will I have trouble if I would adjust the rearsets more to the back and slightly up???

Thanks...

Found the price for the rizomas here in europe the price is 370 euros which is approx 470$.

Nope, no problems at all. Mine just bolted right on. The brake line problem I had was because the Russell brake line was too short to begin with. No problems with the side stand at all.

If I get some time today I'll take a couple of photos.

Nope, no problems at all. Mine just bolted right on. The brake line problem I had was because the Russell brake line was too short to begin with. No problems with the side stand at all.

If I get some time today I'll take a couple of photos.

Very happy to hear that, since rizoma is my first choice, however lightech is pretty attractive for both design and price....:drools:

However have to think very well since I don't know which to choose...:confused0024:

I'm going for the rizoma's this winter, too lazy to do it now, but when the weather gets crappy and salt rules the roads, im gonna make the fz1 pretty :p

I went with Ottimoto off ebay, for $250 i thought can't go wrong. They work well on the track & road, they are fully adjustable. Be warned they come in 100 different pieces so patience is needed when installing.

I noticed "speedking" rearsets on ebay,$290 shipped. Look to be good, but who can tell... any here try them? They certainly look the part.

Yeah i have only heard good things about "Speedking", have a look on the other forum there is a tread about them. For $290 can't go wrong...

I just installed the Lightechs on my personal bike. I really like them so far. They have the design that allows the shift linkage rod to go through the frame like the stockers do....some aftermarket rearsets run the linkage outside the frame. The Rizomas are our most popular and look fantastic.

be aware, that most of these aftermarket rearsets will relocated the shifter so that the kickstand 'peg' is somewhat in the way. some people have gone as far as cutting off the kickstand tab, and welding it back on about 2 inches lower on the kickstand. I think you could get rid of the tab all together if you had something to attach your return spring to.

the rizomas they have at PJ's if for 06 model will this be able to fit my 09 abs with no problems? thanks

Thread is a few days old, but, if you could post a pic or two I'd appreciate it. I'm really wanting to change the foot position to bit a bit more forward. And aftermarket rearsets are sexy ;)

Mate i did a thread on the Ottimoto rearsets, search it and there are pics.

Back