So Tired of Wrenching

So. . .

I'm so tired of wrenching. I never thought I would say it, but I'm tired. In the past few weeks, almost every day was spent wrenching on my Jeep. Putting body armor on it, putting new shocks in, replacing body mounts, cleaning axels and checking gear lash, general maitnance, taking out the amp/cd changer, taking off, putting on, taking off, soft top, putting on then taking off bikini, buying a new soft top and putting it on.

whew.

Love working on it, but, I'm done for a bit. I've been neglecting my poor FZ.

Got on the other day to go out to dinner with the wife and :drools: . . .

I love my bike. :-D

So. . .

I'm so tired of wrenching. I never thought I would say it, but I'm tired. In the past few weeks, almost every day was spent wrenching on my Jeep. Putting body armor on it, putting new shocks in, replacing body mounts, cleaning axels and checking gear lash, general maitnance, taking out the amp/cd changer, taking off, putting on, taking off, soft top, putting on then taking off bikini, buying a new soft top and putting it on.

whew.

Love working on it, but, I'm done for a bit. I've been neglecting my poor FZ.

Got on the other day to go out to dinner with the wife and :drools: . . .

I love my bike. :-D

I know how you feel Dustin. I still have to prep the Olds for the Deals Gap trip in September, Rear Control Arm Bushings, Coil Over Shocks, Cargo Springs, and a Tune Up. 15 years ago I would have been under the car in a second. Now, I'm still aching a bit from the accident and trying to heal up from that but September is right around the corner and I don't have much time left to get it done. I may have to thrash on it this Sunday instead of riding. I too will be neglecting the bike until I get this stuff installed.

It's looking good though. I'll post up some pictures in a bit.

Her maiden voyage. The previous owner used it as a mall crawler, was never offroad
002-2.jpg

The storm rolling in
004-1.jpg

011.jpg

The damage after the trail. You can see the new sliders, but I'll put up a picture of them clean. . . lol
016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

When it was clean, and had doors on. These are the new sliders custom built by a buddy who's a metal fabricator/welder. And my beautiful wife. :-D
JeepComplete.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

I had a 2002 TJ-X that I LOVED.
I had to sell it 3 years ago when I decided to go self-employed and bought a Honda Civic.
I drive about 30,000 miles/year and I just couldn't bear to do that to the Jeep.

I still miss my TJ...

Or, Lee... another good one on marriage. My wife and I LOVE Jeff! Wait for the LAST line!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6X6sacQYE]YouTube - jeff dunham and walter Marriage[/ame]

She is beautiful and super-cool too! You're a lucky man! :Rockon: I often think of women as God's works of art myself. They come in every possible scene you can imagine. I treat my wife like a princess, always pampered and on a pedestal. Maybe that is why she keeps me around? ;)

Besides, if you pi$$ THIS lady off, she won't "miss" her husband at all! :eek:

Back