I rode to work today.

FastRnu2

I rode to work today like I do almost every day. I was thinking/pondering that life is good right now. Warm California day, traffic light, I’m on a motorcycle. I ride almost every day unless there is a chance of rain. Then I carpool with a fellow employee buddy who rides also.

In the US motorcycles are considered a luxury. My insurance lists my two bikes as pleasure vehicles. Limited mileage, used only on weekends, etc. In the US we even have a “Ride to Work Day” on June 21st.

In other countries, like China, Japan, India, and most of Europe, a motorcycle is the only vehicle in the household. They use it for work, transportation, grocery shopping, and do this during all weather conditions. Isn’t it great!

Yes, we are pretty lucky here in the US. We use our bikes for the euphoria they create. The East Coasters that have limited riding months and therefore look forward to those early spring days of dry roads and warmer temperatures. The Northerners pretty much have the same. Southerners get to ride almost year round.

Yes life is good today. With all the havoc going on right now with the economy and all of the issues related to it, I can still ride and enjoy doing it.

Life is what you make of it. Make it enjoyable.

Steve:)

Im in the northeast, so I am limited by the seasons, but I ride to work most of the summer, part of the spring and part of the fall. Unfortunately my ride to work is pretty short at about 3/4 of a mile! Sometimes I take the long way home just to get a few extra miles of the open air.

Well, I have to agree with you on this one. As an added benefit to the weather in California lane sharing saved me an hour of my life! I passed a coworker today who was stuck in traffic and they didn't arrive until almost an hour after I did!

My bike relieves me of a lot of stress! I love the open feel and how in touch I am with what I am doing versus just plodding along when I am in my cage.

I live in Colorado and ride my bike as much as I can. I did not ride today because we are supposed to get some snow later this afternoon and tomorrow, bummer. The ride on the bike even if just to and from work is something I look forward to and enjoy.

Despite generally having lots of poor, wet weather here in the UK, I try to ride to work all year round. There's nothing better after a busy or stressful day at work than to jump on the bike for my 25 mile journey home.
Even if it's pouring with rain or almost freezing temperatures, I've always managed to completely blank out the days crap by the time I get home.

At the moment I'm stuck using the car until the new FZ1 turns up as my R1 is sitting in the garage with all the crash protectors removed ready for it to get traded in for the FZ1 in a couple of days time :)

True enough, but I have an interesting stat. I put the wife in a f150 4x4, 1999, reg cab, all the perks, brand new, 1998, late. She now has 52k miles on it.

The bike is now approaching 55k miles. lol. It was new in oct 07, and, yes, you're right, all PLEASURE twistie mileage! (or nearly all)

Easily the best street bike ever owned. First Yam street bike I ever owned, too.

True enough, but I have an interesting stat. I put the wife in a f150 4x4, 1999, reg cab, all the perks, brand new, 1998, late. She now has 52k miles on it.

The bike is now approaching 55k miles. lol. It was new in oct 07, and, yes, you're right, all PLEASURE twistie mileage! (or nearly all)

Easily the best street bike ever owned. First Yam street bike I ever owned, too.
What kind of vehicle do you ride to work? Hopefully you are rich and don't have to work and just ride your bike :)

Back