Graves velocity stacks

Delta

Hi guys, have any of you fitted the graves velocity stacks to your FZ1 ?
I've done a few mods to mine now and I've just ordered the stacks from the USA. What improvements will I get, what did you notice when you did yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well so far I've got a micron gp exhaust a K&N air filter a set of iridium plugs. AIS taken off and blocked off and the electronic blocker in place. A set of copperdawgs modified flies. The bike has been on the dyno road and the ecu remapped by Geoff at hilltop mc. The only other thing was the verlosity stacks. I've been told by Geoff I don't need to put it back on the dyno, just fit the stacks and ride.

Exactly... there's no real need to remap just for stacks but if you're doing more than that, it might be a good idea. Graves actually has several maps up for download with various stages of mods. The one for the stacks with a full exhaust system was "quite nice" but then my ECU got Ivanized.... Now it's a beast.

As I said my bike has had the ecu remapped by Geoff at hilltop Mc in the UK. Check YouTube vids on hilltop motorcycles remap or under Geoff at hilltop mc. I'm not sure what difference the two guys do but I do know geoff tunes british super bikes iom bikes and bike that race around Malory park and donnington park race tracks.
He tuned my bike on the dyno with most mods in place except the modded flies and the on the way verlosity stacks. I rang him and he says no need for another remap it should all come together sweet. I do hope so as I love the fz1 naked. I've also changed the front side lights and the rear stop n tail light and the indicators to LEDs.
Next up is a nice rear shock. I'm looking at the nitron sport shock at the moment as it's better than stock by far, how it compaird to Ohlins and the like I'm not sure. I've always had Ohlins on my bikes but the cost is mental so I will try nitron first. Only £400 gbp
I'm looking at about 180+bhp at the crank with the graves verlosity stacks so I think it's a beast too lol.
We will see eh.

Ok HP and bhp are the same thing..
At the crank is without losses at the wheel is with the losses through the drive chain and other things from the engine to the wheel.
My bike has about 155bhp now at the rear wheel and maybe 180bhp at the crank. I guess you can loose 20-30 bhp from engine to wheel.
Here's another video on HP vs bhp
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTeNTh48Pc&autoplay=1

Ok HP and bhp are the same thing..
At the crank is without losses at the wheel is with the losses through the drive chain and other things from the engine to the wheel.
My bike has about 155bhp now at the rear wheel and maybe 180bhp at the crank. I guess you can loose 20-30 bhp from engine to wheel.
Here's another video on HP vs bhp
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTeNTh48Pc&autoplay=1

What do you have for a bike? Clearly, not an FZ1 unless it is turbocharged.

Well my FZ1n was on Geoffs dyno rolling road at hilltop mc a few weeks ago, it had the ecu remapped and it was at 150bhp (I did say about) at the rear wheel then. I've just added the copperdawgs modded flies and I'm waiting for the Graves verlosity stacks to arrive. The stacks give 5-6bhp so I'm led to believe so there's the 155bhp.. it was at 77 or 78 ftlb of tourque too. Ok so I'm adding 5bhp for the flies and the stacks. I can't be far off, can I?
Ok the 180bhp (I did say maybe) at the crank really is just an estimate as I'm not sure about the true losses from the engine to the rear wheel through the drive. I was told expect 20-30bhp loss.
Turbo nope I just wish it was though. There is a guy that turbo'd one with 300+bhp on YouTube. I think I've seen posts on this forum on it.
Read back and see I've done a few other mods too. It also runs a micron GP exhaust and a K&N air filter.

Last edited:
Well my FZ1n was on Geoffs dyno rolling road at hilltop mc a few weeks ago, it had the ecu remapped and it was at 150bhp (I did say about) at the rear wheel then. I've just added the copperdawgs modded flies and I'm waiting for the Graves verlosity stacks to arrive. The stacks give 5-6bhp so I'm led to believe so there's the 155bhp.. it was at 77 or 78 ftlb of tourque too. Ok so I'm adding 5bhp for the flies and the stacks. I can't be far off, can I?
Ok the 180bhp (I did say maybe) at the crank really is just an estimate as I'm not sure about the true losses from the engine to the rear wheel through the drive. I was told expect 20-30bhp loss.
Turbo nope I just wish it was though. There is a guy that turbo'd one with 300+bhp on YouTube. I think I've seen posts on this forum on it.
Read back and see I've done a few other mods too. It also runs a micron GP exhaust and a K&N air filter.

I think you may be confused about how some mods claim to add HP. The stacks do very little to add HP as in over-all/top-end. What the stacks do is "move" available HP from one RPM range to another RPM range. I don't think that there's been any charts showing more than 1-2 HP at the top-end with the mere addition of the stacks. But it does shift available HP into the mid-range where you can see a difference of "available" HP. A lot of the mods we do add some to the top, but most of them shift how much is available to another range of RPMs. I hope that makes some sense. :D

I think you may be confused about how some mods claim to add HP. The stacks do very little to add HP as in over-all/top-end. What the stacks do is "move" available HP from one RPM range to another RPM range. I don't think that there's been any charts showing more than 1-2 HP at the top-end with the mere addition of the stacks. But it does shift available HP into the mid-range where you can see a difference of "available" HP. A lot of the mods we do add some to the top, but most of them shift how much is available to another range of RPMs. I hope that makes some sense. :D

That is a perfect explanation.

I'm Ivanized with the Graves Stacks, Graves Full Exhaust, K&N, Lars Airboxmod, PC5, breather, 16T sprocket, lines, etc......pretty much the same as Lonney. Haven't been on a dyno yet, but I suspect I'm around the 150HP mark. I'll have to dyno this fall once it cools off a bit and see what she does.

I'm Ivanized with the Graves Stacks, Graves Full Exhaust, K&N, Lars Airboxmod, PC5, breather, 16T sprocket, lines, etc......pretty much the same as Lonney. Haven't been on a dyno yet, but I suspect I'm around the 150HP mark. I'll have to dyno this fall once it cools off a bit and see what she does.

how are you ivanized, without ivan products? you should be realllly close to 150 on that setup, very nice set up, i'd love a full exhaust

Back