FZ1S --> FZ1N project thread.

Zacne

FZ1 - new exhaust

Hi chaps

So as few of you may already know I'm new to this scene. I have been riding for a few years already and had bikes such as GSXR's, Sv's, zrx12, vtr, gsx1100 and few others but due to the uni and it's financial needs all I had left was a Gilera Nordwest 600 project bike that I sold yesterday to fund this FZ1S/N project( that I picked up for cheap, very cheap)!

This is how my FZ1 looked like a month ago or so:
su8y3eja.jpg

Now take away all the front plastics, rear box, exhaust can and add bent/dented forks and pretty much you'll know how it looks like today.

After a quick search and hours of research I learned that doing a R1 forks upgrade will be cheaper and easier (in terms of sourcing sh parts) here in the UK. So I made a cheeky offer on a pair of 2005 R1 forks and yesterday the very first package arrived:

pu3ugere.jpg

Sent from my mobile apple command iCenter

Last edited:
I'm already in the process of getting brake callipers (£65 posted!!!) of a bike of the same age. Once these are bolted on and the bike is rideable again I'll decide on what to do next.

So watch this space please...

Greg

Where did you get your headlight from? Is that one if the eBay kits? There are plenty of them in the USA but I can't seem to find a full kit here in the UK!

Thx
Greg

Greg
Brought from a Yamaha dealership is Australia mate. bout $180AUD I cudnt see post 2 expensive to the uk? they also made tinted covers which I have added since. found this kit on ebay but is more expensive but has hardwear to mount.. ebay no. 321333822443

brad

thx greg

on the hunt now for a fuel tank carnt seem to find one online in aus any idea's of online in uk for parts?:dontknow:

I don't shop in the UK as there isn't much here. Europe is where I get my parts from. There is a tank (it looks like it may be dent free), not perfect but In a good nick in Poland at min.

I bought there (Poland and Germany) most of my parts so far.

I can send you a link?

Greg

I don't shop in the UK as there isn't much here. Europe is where I get my parts from. There is a tank (it looks like it may be dent free), not perfect but In a good nick in Poland at min.

I bought there (Poland and Germany) most of my parts so far.

I can send you a link?

Greg

Cheers mate that wud be good as I need to start the repair job on her :banghead:

brad

I have bought a FZ1 lower yokes today. Hopefully they will arrive soon so I won't forget how to put everything back together.

I'm hoping to win wheel spindle today too. This would mean that I have all the major parts sorted.

Greg

I'm in the middle of my dissertation and don't really have time to deal with the bike ATM.

Bottom yoke arrived (from Germany). Brakes are here, rental bar and spindle all arrived.

Next time I will have few spare hours bike should be standing on its own wheels again with all crucial parts nice and straight.

Watch this space..

Today was the first day in ages when I had a chance to do a little bit of work on the bike. I have managed to do few little bits.

I was hoping to fit the front end but the bottom bearing wouldn't fit .... :tdown: :mad:

It will be at least a week or two before I will have a chance to do it now.

I was not impressed.

Back