Have a few questions on THIS vs THAT

Hello all,

I am looking to do a few new mods to my 08 FZ1, and wondering if I need it and which is better.

To start all I have done now is a K&N filter.

I know that my bike runs kind of rich as it sit now.

I want to even out the air ratio I am not worried about HP gains.

I am thinking about doing stacks, Graves or Roth?

Slip on looking at Two Brothers.

now the BIG question, PC III, V, or Two Brothers Juice Box? or do I even need one?

Thanks

I dont know about the stacks, but if you have an air filter, then the airbox mod is a must (mostly because its free), and a slip on can releases a bit of engine freedom.

As for the fuel controller, I run a juicebox pro. Its basically a pc3 but you can put 10 individual maps on it so you don't have to keep going back to the computer to upload new ones.
I ran the two brothers map for a slip on and air filter which came with the JB pro, and it was superb. Loads of grunt, and still returned good fuel mileage!
I've done a few more mods since, and changed the maps again which took me minutes to do. The JB pro uses pc maps!
I believe that the pc3/5 have more adjustability, but most people don't need that tbh, it all depends how deep your pockets are. I'm very happy with mine:D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have the modded flies, airbox, k&n filter, shortened header, and a shorty slip on. In my opinion anything other than a slip on needs some sort of fuel management. In the past I have ridden bikes with various mods with and without fuel management, and a PC is worth the money. I have a PC3 and I will be trading up for a PC5 with autotune. Mainly because the wild temp changes here in Indy wreak havoc with my maps. Good luck.

you could put stacks on, but you need some type of fuel management on the bike first. An there isn't really a need for them unless you get that plug out of the exhaust, the oem guys call it a muffler. Just makes no sense to open up the intake side and not the exhaust, so the air box mod will give you a little more air on the intake and the slip on will give you more flow on the exhaust side. And before you need a pc all i would do is air filter, box mod and a slip on. After you get the pc on her you can go crazy.

Last edited:
Dont forget the CAT GUT. Its free too.

Blocking the AIS is pretty cheap too. I cut the air hose near the airbox and plugged it useing 2 yellow wire nuts. No more popping.

The EXUP eliminator is very cost effective.

Plan on getting an aftermarket air filter to get the benefits of it all.

Last edited:
One of the biggest improvements that you can actually feel is changing the front sprocket to a 16 teeth, stock is 17 teeth.
You can buy them from Yamaha, ask for the stock front sprocket off the 2001-2005 FZ1.
It makes the bike easier to get off the line and the faster acceleration is very nice.
It doesn't affect the fuel economy too much either.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Maybe in Auz the OEM is the way to go. But here, going the aftermarket like my JT was much more cost effective. And since I put on 40k on my JT, Im confident saying that it does the job. As I recall, it was about $20 a few yrs ago.

Maybe in Auz the OEM is the way to go. But here, going the aftermarket like my JT was much more cost effective. And since I put on 40k on my JT, Im confident saying that it does the job. As I recall, it was about $20 a few yrs ago.

I think it was around $30 but the main benefit is that it had the rubber dampening on it to reduce noise.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Back