Rear seat travel storage compartment.

I was wondering if anyone has yet to remove the rear seat and make a clip on body styled boot (trunk) box compartment to carry items,for touring etc.

I am thinking of making a fibreglass clip on styled and colour coded storage compartment.

Billy

Another alternative - this straps on top of teh rear pillion -

FZ1_rear_Bag2Medium.jpg

What i probably need is a compartment box that hard fixes to the rear where the seat was, this will have a lockable lid and for everyday use,

this will have a flat wide top to act as a base to stand and fix my tail pack bag to which can be taken off and taken to the hotel room.Then the unnessesary items can be left on the bike in the rear box.

Plus the box is there for when i go down to the chip shop and i can put my fish and chips in the box,,recently i went to the chip shop,picked up 2 fish and chips and put them down my leather jacket front,,fuck me!!!!! hot, a mile up the road i had to stop to take them out, red burned belly,,lol :embarrased::embarrased:

Billy

^^^ That's where I got mine. I've seen a few used ones for sale on the 'other' forum.

Sorry about the delay in replying, but work's been the pits lately.....

What i probably need is a compartment box that hard fixes to the rear where the seat was, this will have a lockable lid and for everyday use,

this will have a flat wide top to act as a base to stand and fix my tail pack bag to which can be taken off and taken to the hotel room.Then the unnessesary items can be left on the bike in the rear box.

Plus the box is there for when i go down to the chip shop and i can put my fish and chips in the box,,recently i went to the chip shop,picked up 2 fish and chips and put them down my leather jacket front,,fuck me!!!!! hot, a mile up the road i had to stop to take them out, red burned belly,,lol :embarrased::embarrased:

Billy

What a few people have done is take a spare pillion seat and strip it down to the plastic seat pan then mount a givi or similar hard case to it. This way you get a hard case that is easily removed without permanently mounting it. The only problem with this is it is extremely difficult to find a used/spare rear seat for cheap. I have been looking for a long time as I don't want to buy a new one just to destroy it and have yet to find one.

Like this (not my picture)

FZ1.jpg

Last edited:
Back