need help with maps again

skote

ok so i had my flies removed but now i have the ivans sub throttle plates wondering if anyone can upload me a map with similar mods to here

GTYR slip on
LARS air box
Ivan's flies
stock air filter
cat still in place

i installed the ivans flies today and with the map i have im still able to actually stall my bike when i go to WOT in first gear at about 30/40 mph ....granted it was 35 degrees today and i know the air was more dense but i feel like i shouldent get this unacceptable level of throttle hesitation so im blaming the map lol ....its been discouraging im thinking bout ordering a new airbox and leaving it stock it seems like this shouldent be nessicary with everyone running these mods with no issue ....sooooo help would be greatly appreceated....

its pretty bad when my 07 fz6 feels like it picks up faster from low rpm in first than my fz1 because of bad bogging down

ok so i had my flies removed but now i have the ivans sub throttle plates wondering if anyone can upload me a map with similar mods to here

GTYR slip on
LARS air box
Ivan's flies
stock air filter
cat still in place

i installed the ivans flies today and with the map i have im still able to actually stall my bike when i go to WOT in first gear at about 30/40 mph ....granted it was 35 degrees today and i know the air was more dense but i feel like i shouldent get this unacceptable level of throttle hesitation so im blaming the map lol ....its been discouraging im thinking bout ordering a new airbox and leaving it stock it seems like this shouldent be nessicary with everyone running these mods with no issue ....sooooo help would be greatly appreceated....

its pretty bad when my 07 fz6 feels like it picks up faster from low rpm in first than my fz1 because of bad bogging down

Just manually add some fuel and save under a different name. If you highlight an area of the map, use page up or down... much easier than changing them one by one. How much you rev at 30-40 mph? Just add some fuel in those rpm or remove fuel... Hard to tell without seeing the map.

Just manually add some fuel and save under a different name. If you highlight an area of the map, use page up or down... much easier than changing them one by one. How much you rev at 30-40 mph? Just add some fuel in those rpm or remove fuel... Hard to tell without seeing the map.

i can post the map im using if it will help .....so far i liked "dukes personal map" best

i can post the map im using if it will help .....so far i liked "dukes personal map" best

Just add 5% of fuel at the time in the area of the map you want to improve and always save on a different name (example RevA, RevB...) When you feel you went too far go back to your last map. Best option might be a custom map... Saying that, I put my ride on the dyno and the tech tune it up a bit. He got some good power on top but kill the 5-7K range at WOT. I had to massage the map a little here and there. Work fine now.

The other option is to ship your bike in Florida... :rofl:

Do you run the accell pump option? If so, what are the settings?

These bikes are a real challenge (if not nearly impossible) to correctly tune with a TPS based tune on the bottom end. I only endorse MAP based PC5 installs now.

TPS based tunes are just fine on these bikes once you get over 12% throttle.

Beast

I do use the A/P with the PCV, and it work. I haven't play with it much with the new cams/maps. I just turn it back on this week.

Previous setting: 75% Throttle, 35 Rev, +15% Fuel

Starting setting with FZ6 cams: 75%, 35 Rev, +10% Fuel

I didn't had the chance to tune it up to optimum yet...

I got all the way to 15,15,15 before things started dialing in. This is way more AE than I have ever heard of anywhere in writing.

Beast

Last edited:
I got all the way to 15,15,15 before things started dialing in. This is way more AE than I have ever heard of anywhere in writing.

Beast

This is with PCV, not sure bout PC3. It was hard to find the proper info about the A/P feature. But form the info available back then, this is what I understood...

It takes 75% throttle (to activate) to dump +15% fuel for 35 rev. From what I understood... unless I'm missing something.

The 75% thing is something like 75% change in throttle in .050 sec so that is a really fast throttle application. I got all the way back to 15% so it hits fairly easy.

Your base tables have to be really close before this stuff works as designed.

Beast

The 75% thing is something like 75% change in throttle in .050 sec so that is a really fast throttle application. I got all the way back to 15% so it hits fairly easy.

Your base tables have to be really close before this stuff works as designed.

Beast

Cool, I'll play with it. It was running great before the cams swap. I turn it off to remap. I turn it back on late last week with those setting but didn't really have the chance to ride other than commute to work with 95% on I-95. It works great on the 6R (no secondary flies)

Thanks! :unworthy:

Here is what this stuff looks like on the data loggers. In the bottom trace you can see the pulse width rise and then settle in.

AeTest.png

Here is what this stuff looks like on the data loggers. In the bottom trace you can see the pulse width rise and then settle in.

AeTest.png

That trace is about 1.5 sec so the AE is active for about .3 sec. This is a second gear, 4500 RPM throttle stab.

Hope this helps

Beast

Last edited:
Back