06-11' HID Angel Eye Headlights

Wolf Adams

Hey friends..
What do you think about these HID Halo lights? 2006-2011 Yamaha FZ1 Projector HID CCFL Halo Eyes Combo- Duel Projector :: YAMAHA :: HID Kits :: Xtreme Discount Cycle
There are four kits available, with varying temperatures. (6000, 8000, 10000, 12000k)
hid-projector-ccfl-headlights.JPG

03cbr600rr-04.jpg

yamaha-r1-hid-projector-ccfl-2002-2003.jpg

honda-cbr600rr-ccfl-angel-eyes-hid.jpg

There are also different color options available for the HID rings and the projector lights.
Dig the demon eyes..
image001.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
There are four kits available, with varying brightness. (6000, 8000, 10000, 12000k)
Thoughts?

FYI, the K (Kelvin) rating of a light doesn't indicate brightness. It's just the colour temperature.

ColorChart1.jpg

The temperature of the light does have an effect on how your eyes function at night. I'm not smart enough to explain it, but here is a great source:

White light is made up of every color of light mixed together. But the colors are not all present in equal amounts. The output spectrum of filament bulbs, including halogen headlamp bulbs, includes a great deal of red, orange, yellow and green light, but very little blue or violet light. Blue bulbs have colored glass (or a filter coating applied to clear glass) that allows only the blue light through the filter — this is why the bulbs appear blue. Because very little blue light is produced by a halogen bulb in the first place, it is only this very small amount — a tiny fraction of the total amount of light produced by a halogen bulb filament — that ever reaches the road.

Blue and violet are the shortest wavelength/highest frequency colors of visible light, and, as such, they scatter the most readily. This is why the sky is blue rather than any other color from the sun's white output spectrum. Blue light doesn't just scatter most readily in the sky, but also in the eye.

Last edited:
Wow thanks Dustin haha I had no idea about that. Thats one hell of a chart too, I just assumed the higher the number the brighter the bulb :embarrased:

I cant wait to see them Ranger!

I personally was thinking about throwing some of the demon eyes at the bottom (white ring, red projector) on an all black FZ1, my girlfriend thinks they look corny, what do you all think?
I love the lights, they just add personality in my opinion.

FWIW, I found the OEM headlight on my SV650 to be lacking so I installed a projector retrofit kit in it with an HID bulb and 35w ballast

I find that it's an improvement but wish it was a bit brighter. The problem is that the headlight I am using is a bit restrictive in how large a projector one can fit and the smaller the projector, the smaller the bulb. However, I'm still happy with it and it does come with one of those funky angel eyes.

2edcjzo.jpg

2n07iba.jpg

2qinrib.jpg

This is a 4300K kit which is the least blue HID available and should produce the most 'eye-friendly' light.

I am considering trying this. http://www.uniquemotolights.com/ind
PHP:
ex.php?route=product/product&product_id=51 on my fz1 at half the price of the oem naked light it seems like a good deal. Any input or opinions?

Hey Kyle the link you included is a little off, you can still go to it by copying the entire link and pasting, but just try linking it again.

I do like that light though, it gives a unique look to the bike. (i sure have never seen them) kind of a cyclops type look.. awesome!

below is the fixed link
Sonic StreetFighter headlight black

Those solid rings look cool, much better than the dots.

Hopefully they are durable. I added a different pair of aftermarket lights onto my Honda V-twin and the engine vibration destroyed the internals in just a month. The FZ1 hardly vibrates, but it is still a safe practice to avoid any cheap chinese aftermarket lights.

Back