WTB FZ1 headlight any year.

I have a GenI enclosure at home which I'm looking for 100 bucks. It's modded already for Pod Lights and has it's regular bulbs in it. If your interested PM me with your address so I can figure out shipping. I am in the Bronx, NY 10470. Thanks, Billy.

Gen I: HEADLIGHT UNIT ASSY 5LV-84310-20-00

Gen II: HEADLIGHT UNIT ASSY 3C3-84310-20-00

curious as to the difference designated by the first three in the parts number. Mounting tabs??

What has you exploring this information??

Adam

curious as to the difference designated by the first three in the parts number. Mounting tabs??

Adam

You may be right Adam as to mounting locations. It wouldn't matter anyway since I have a GenI assembly if he so chooses, but I'd like to find out if there's a difference as well.

Adam

I believe the first three numbers are model specific numbers. However, in this case I don't know if it means that the two are interchangeable or not. I would venture to sat that they are not or Yamaha would just have used the same part number for both parts.

well, I do know that there have been some discussion on the "rehto" forum with the possibility of Gen II being used on Gen I (rearsets).

But if it does pan out that the lights are the same, tabs and all, then why does Yamaha almost double the price of the headlight new for the Gen I vs. the Gen II? I know that we are minimum 5 years older, but not to the extent of doubling the price.....

it'll be interesting to see 'blue' if you do end up going the route of the Gen II headlight.

Here's some shots of the assembly.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

I'm not sure if you looked at the thread about the Pod Lights that I sent you but this is the space where you'd insert the 194 Socket.
IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Here I have circled a very miniscule scratch which unless you rub your finger across, you can hardly notice it. Other than that It's a pretty clean unit and the bulbs are very bright. Some of the guys here can attest to that. It's hard to see but it's circled in the photo below.

IMG_0798.jpg

So thats it. If I pack it in a regular box and ship it, it's about 30 dollars US. If I send it Priority International I think it was closer to 40 dollars US. Let me check again and then you can decide what you would like to do. I'll see if I can do better with the price.

It looks as though the least expensive way to you is almost $29 dollars US. If thats okay with you just PM me to let me know. I'll make it $125.00 Dollars US Shipped to you the least expensive way. Below you can see the rates to N.S. Let me know if thats okay and I'll PM you my Paypal ID. Thanks.

Rates.jpg

Back