stationary revs high

Guys, any idea what could cause my stationary revs remain around 1200rpm?
Already checked my throttlecable and this has enough slack.
It started when I pulled the bike in a "one gear no brake" session along the track into red zone on strait in 2nd gear :confused0024:

It may be at the carb end of the equation. Make sure that the flies are not getting hung up. What year bike is it? Fuel injected or carb?

It's a Gen II according to where he's posted the thread.... does the Gen II have an idle adjustment knob? If so... check that... if not... then it's adjusted by the computer... but.. 1200 doesn't sound that high... I have my idle set at about 1300-1400 ... makes getting off the line easier.

GenII 2008. It has got now 4600+ km on the clock. Maybe 1200-1300 is ok, not that I'm worried, but it appeared suddenly where it stayed on 1200 where before it hoovered around 1000, and no changes were made. Or...could it to do with the fact that I switched the bike between 100HP and 150HP when on the track (in between sessions ofcourse ! ;-) (to feel the difference?--> hell yes :thumbup: )

Side effect is that when in 2nd gear and throttle and clutch released, the bike moves at walking speed (similar as to carb bike would do with choke fully open when engine warm???) I'll drop in at my dealer to check it out.

Last edited:
:surrender:found it. on left side a small turnwheel to adjust stationary revs. I must have accidentaly turned it when cleaning.fact is that you need quite some turning before it takes effect, as it changes the airintake instead of fuel inlet with carbs...

Back