Spark Plug Change

Mario m

I finally got around to doing the spark plug change on my 05 Gen1. The plugs have been sitting on my toolbox for 7 months.
Shout out to Yamaha for making the most difficult spark plug change that I've ever did. If I didn't have the tool that came in the tool kit that came with the bike I don't think it would have been possible. It makes me want to take off the air induction system just to make the next plug change simpler. I was so close to draining the antifreeze and taking off the radiator just to give me a little more room to get it done.
Nonetheless I got it done and installed NGK Iridium plugs that will probably out last the bike. I hope !! Lol

I finally got around to doing the spark plug change on my 05 Gen1. The plugs have been sitting on my toolbox for 7 months.
Shout out to Yamaha for making the most difficult spark plug change that I've ever did. If I didn't have the tool that came in the tool kit that came with the bike I don't think it would have been possible. It makes me want to take off the air induction system just to make the next plug change simpler. I was so close to draining the antifreeze and taking off the radiator just to give me a little more room to get it done.
Nonetheless I got it done and installed NGK Iridium plugs that will probably out last the bike. I hope !! Lol
+1 NGK iridiums

I've got hundreds and hundreds of thousands Gen 1 miles on plain ole expensive NGK plugs.

It's usually a carb or coil issue that kill plugs, no matter what they cost, or how long they are projected to last.

I've got hundreds and hundreds of thousands Gen 1 miles on plain ole expensive NGK plugs.

It's usually a carb or coil issue that kill plugs, no matter what they cost, or how long they are projected to last.
I just do whatever the stock plug is, cause thats what they used during r&d on the engine. Same as oil.

Back