My buddy's TL1000R basket case

If this was my project, and it isn't I think I'd go total Brit Hooligan Rat bike with it. Strip it bare, paint it black, put on Buell Lightening headlights and a superbike bar. Keep the project dirt cheap and use existing EOM parts on it from other mades if needed from salvage yards.

If it was an RC51 I'd consider making it like new but not the TL.

Man after my own heart! Sadly, it's the job it is.:disapproval:
But I will finish it. Sadly more getto fabulous than street fighter.

Got a chainguard built from diamond plate fabbed up today after work, think Im gonna have a hugger fender built tomarrow. will be posting pics in the white. The owner has yet to give me the cash to go spring for the paint yet. What the hell, I'm enjoying bringing this bike back to life.

Well...I'ts pretty much built. Still needs paint and I'm on hold for some money from the owner. Got the body & tank repaired as well as I can w/o a base coat of color. Made the mods I planed on as well as a few more out of boredom more than anything else. Can't fire it up till I got the tank back on after paint so checking how she runs and remapping the power commander if nessisary is on hold. All body panels are in primer and I'm happy with the way it came out. I'll be happier when it's painted and burning pavement like she is ment to do! After paint I'll post on here. Hope the owner gets off his ass and gets on his bike.:squid[1]:

curious to see the underside of the tank -- with the airbox that high -- or whatever is laying under the tank -- seems like it would be perched rather high....curious is all.

can't wait to see the final result...

The v-twin & v4's

Yes, it's the air box. Kinda typical of the V-twins like this TL, the Honda RC51,Ducatti's, And Honda VFR Interceptor V-4's. Even My 82 Magna had a very small tank that just ducted fuel into a secondary tank under the seat. The V-max had a similar lay out as does the Harley V-rod. The point of doing it is because of the location of the carb/ FI intakes. They are between the heads of the V motors. Our FZ-1's, like tandem twins have alot more space because we intake fuel-air behind the single line of cylinders.:blahblah: And yeah, it's freakishly huge and fuel tank storage is limited.

Back