Dunlop Sportmax Qualifier II

well...I haven't had the privilege of owning new tires yet but from what i've read and been told new tires have a film on them from manufacturing. It is suggested that you take a medium grit sandpaper and scuff the tires a bit to remove this film. That will help you get better traction and keep the tires from spinning out and causing a spill. Just my 2 cents worth.

Couple of things to keep in mind about Q2s

1.These are not Sport touring tires like PRoad 2/3s
2.Dont expect Q2s to last long either as the emphasis is/was GRIP when this tire was designed, not longevity.
3.I have gone through 8 sets of Q2 on my track bike and I can confidently tell you that these are AWESOME on the track. Mind you, these are very sensitive to tire pressures. As someone already posted 29R and 30F(both at hot/off of the tire warmers) is what I like.
4. If you are using your FZ1 for just commuting or even some spirited riding over the weekends, believe me Pilot ROAD 2/3s 190/55 are more than capable.
5.Pilot ROAD 2/3s will last 2 to 4 times that of Q2s depending on your riding style.
5.If you are looking to drag your knee on the street, IMHO you are just asking for trouble....save it for the trackdays.

Ok im gonna shut up now: oops:

Last edited:
Back