Anyone running DID 520 Xring chain?

I've thought about it but decided that the bike is more than fast enough "as is". I think the most important factors to chain longevity are: keeping it well lubed, being smooth on the throttle, and maintaining the correct amount of slack. If I were to go the 520 route, I'd also avoid the aluminum sprockets as (imho) the trade-off of very minor weight savings is outweighed by significantly less sprocket life.

interested to see if anyone is currently running one and how they are holding up
also anyone running 16/47 gearing ?
Hi, I'm running a 16 front sprocket and a 46 in the rear. I like it, pulls easy from a stop . Also I'm running an X ring chain but it's a 530. The chain and sprockets are new and my bikes a first gen, '05 by the way, and I did get the rubber infused front sproket..

I'm running 16/47 on a genII. It's definitely more lively (dare I say "hooligan" lol?) than stock. I haven't put a lot of highway miles on it yet to decide if I like it for the long term. I do notice the extra cruising rpm but it is fun though. 530, didn't really see a reason to save a few ounces on a bike that's already light and makes a lot of power.

Back