Another little Gimick

How about the Metzler self-adjusting chicken strip meter on their motorcycle tire?

All new for 2010, the Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact tire is set to redefine the motorcycle industry with its proprietary Chicken Strip Assessment Technology. Do your buddies brag about how far over they can lean their bike? How they’re the next Golden God of Canyon Carving? With Metzler’s Chicken Strip Assessment Technology system, there’s little doubt about how much you’re compensating for something else; and now you can rate your manhood on a scale from 1 to 5. Now go chase that crazy elephant! Chase him!

metzeler_sportec-m5-interact_leanind_low.jpg

Michellin Man

I just use the Mich. Man as a gauge. When he loses an arm you're doing OK, when you rub him out completely then you have B.O.S.: owned: like Aaron.

Last edited:
meh... that Metzeler makes me laugh... I used to run Metzelers... the M1 was my favorite sport tire for a looooong time... got horrible mileage out of the things... but they were sticky....

I've gotta say... the only reason I look at my tire wear anymore is to see how my pressures are doing... to look for compression tearing, and hot / warm tears... if none of that is present... the pressures are good, and the fun can begin...

Plus... everyone knows that you're a sissy until you start wearing into the lettering on the sidewalls.... ... kind of joking... but I have worn the top off the M on Michelin's before.... The sidewall said IvIichelin

Looks great with my neon and LED accent lighting. Don't hate!

If you have the patience and time, why not. It does look neat. I would just rather ride than paint tires. Of course I do have the time now with all the snow, but the tires that I have are going in the bin before spring.

If I were doing the bike show circuit I would take the time. I do like the look of painted names on sidewalls.

It's just fun to tease sometimes, don't take it personally. :)

Since I go through like 3 sets of tires a year, imagine the time I'd have to invest to get my bike ready to pose at Starbucks. I bet it's at least 3 hours per tire to colour in the treads and sand away the chicken strips. If I wanted to colour the sidewall lettering, that's at least another hour!

How will I ever find time to pose? By the time I roll up to Starbucks, all the ladies will be gone!

Back