American Honda Announces New CB1000R Motorcycle

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Motorcycle to compete in naked bike segment. American Honda today introduced an updated version of the factory's flagship naked bike, the CB1000R.

More...

3519464264_5242fa4d79.jpg

I like the swingarm and the instrument panel on the new Honda. I think the FZ1 will still be a better bike and the FZ8 might even be close enough in power to make a case for itself compared to the CB1000.

I had a 2008 CBR1000RR that I thought would make a perfect naked bike. Take off the side panels, trim the cowl, fit some tubular handlebars, drop the pegs......it was just easier sell the CBR and to buy the FZ1.

I loved that CBR1000RR.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Steve

NJFZ1:"Another FZ1 competitor. Maybe this will get Yamaha to finally release the Gen III FZ1 next year!"
:+1:

Must be a market for the big nakeds in the US-though, my local Yamaha dealer hasn't had a current model year FZ1 on the sales floor for at least two years.
However, companies don't introduce products w/o massive market research.
I like the mono-backbone aluminum frame, and single-sided aluminum swingarm.

Last edited:
:+1:

Must be a market for the big nakeds in the US-though, my local Yamaha dealer hasn't had a current model year FZ1 on the sales floor for at least two years.
However, companies don't introduce products w/o massive market research.

Hopefully this current shift away from sportbikes continues to grow as naked bikes do not gear nearly the same attention that the big image bikes like Harleys and sportbikes do. I love nakeds and it makes me sad to see such a lack of them in the North American market.

Think of how many true basic nakeds you see on the road. Even the FZ1 has sportbike looks and I imagine it's one of the reasons you see a lot of FZ6/FZ1 on the road compared to your true nakeds--people want to look cool.

Back