Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italy 2017

Default Italy 2017

My 2017 motorbike travel plans are booked. Trip from Bari South Italy all the way up north to Milan Italy, 10 day trip....looking forward to it
    Iedereen op de moto (everybody on the motorbike)

37 is my lucky number

Quote Originally Posted by DenArnold View Post
    My 2017 motorbike travel plans are booked. Trip from Bari South Italy all the way up north to Milan Italy, 10 day trip....looking forward to it
    Sounds exciting Arnold. Can't wait to see some pics and videos!
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

Awesome, Arnold! That's going to be a great trip. Ditto to Billy's request for photos

I am jealous..
    Mods:
    Brembo 16mm Radial MC, ASV short Levers, Brembo GP4-RX calipers, Hell braided lines, R1 Fender, Ohlins FGRT 206 forks, Ohlins shock (tuned - Racebike Services), Marchesini rims, Vortex 48t sprocket, Arrow Headers - Micron GP slipon, tailtidy, Rizoma (risers, conical bars, Lux grips, bar ends, 744 mirrors, fluid reservoir, Rev rearsets/B Pro pegs), Speedo healer, BMC filter, AIS Block off, PCV (tuned - Neville Lush Racing), Pirelli DR III, Ivan's ECU, GF-Design LED Blinkers, DID gold chain

Obviously so are WE!!!
    Have you ever noticed that anybody riding slower than you is an idiot,
    and anyone riding faster than you is a maniac? ~ George Carlin

Sounds like a fun trip. I'll be in Italy also for my third time in the Venneto region in 2017. Beautiful country, lovely people and great food.

My trip is booked through Edelweiss Tours and it's the High Alpine Tour in July. Five countries in 6 days (8 total) and I get to use my German if I can remember it.

rough itinerary:

Day1: Arriving at Bari where our bikes are waiitng for us. We go via Via de Trulli of Alborebello and sassi van Matera to Picerno.
    Day2: From Picerna via Pasteum, Pompei to destination Caserta.
    Day3: From Caserta via various national parks to Middle-Italië, de Abruzzen, L’Aquila
    Day4: We leave l’Aquila and via lots of mountain roads towards Assisi
    Day5: From Assisi via Lago di Bolsena to Siena.
    Day6: restday with two route options: direction Volterra – Elba or Pienza – Montepulciano
    Day7: From Siena we drive towards Firenze, stopping in between in Pisa
    Day8: From Firenze via many many hairpins en twisties towards Rimini.
    Day9: towards Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, passing the circuit van Imola and visit the Ducati museum in Bologna
    Day10: towards the mediterenean sea in the region of Portofino
    Day11: via Genua towards Milaan, where we fly back to Belgium

Still tough decision to make by then: ye old Fazer1 or the little black Tiger...yet 4 months to decide.

37 is my lucky number

rough itinerary:

Day1: Arriving at Bari where our bikes are waiitng for us. We go via Via de Trulli of Alborebello and sassi van Matera to Picerno.
    Day2: From Picerna via Pasteum, Pompei to destination Caserta.
    Day3: From Caserta via various national parks to Middle-Italië, de Abruzzen, L’Aquila
    Day4: We leave l’Aquila and via lots of mountain roads towards Assisi
    Day5: From Assisi via Lago di Bolsena to Siena.
    Day6: restday with two route options: direction Volterra – Elba or Pienza – Montepulciano
    Day7: From Siena we drive towards Firenze, stopping in between in Pisa
    Day8: From Firenze via many many hairpins en twisties towards Rimini.
    Day9: towards Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, passing the circuit van Imola and visit the Ducati museum in Bologna
    Day10: towards the mediterenean sea in the region of Portofino
    Day11: via Genua towards Milaan, where we fly back to Belgium

Still tough decision to make by then: ye old Fazer1 or the little black Tiger...yet 4 months to decide.
    Come on Arnold, take the FZ1 with ya! Will be a ton of fun on those mountain roads!
    Billy
    2009 FZ1 Cobalt Blue, Dynojet PCV, Ivan's ECU Flash, Two Brother's V.A.L.E. Carbon Fiber Slip-on, Dirt Road Custom Seat, M-Factory Shorty Levers, Frame Sliders, Swingarm Spools, BBS Gold Colored Wheels, GYTR Braided Lines, Philips Extreme Vision H4 Bulbs

I decided to rent a Ducati Monster 821 for the trip. I know it's not a liter bike but I'm not carrying any luggage or passenger so it should be a real hoot in the Passo del Stelvio and the other mountain passes along the route. I may even get a chance to see where my father was imprisoned in Dachau in 1944-45 if the camp still exists, it was near Landsberg am Lech or Hurlach..
    Last edited by OldBiker; 12-12-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1riderNY View Post
    Come on Arnold, take the FZ1 with ya! Will be a ton of fun on those mountain roads!
    I got now the routes and GPS tracks and the most routes vary from 250 to 350km a day. Problem is that on most of these mountain sections/routes very few fuelstations. The Little Black Tiger can deal up to 300km, whereas the FZ1 (on such sporty high revving mountain stretches) will need to be refuelled at 200km....another advantage of the LBT is that it has proper lockable luggage casings, where the FZ1 has only soft bags... difficult decision....

37 is my lucky number

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast