Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Italy 2017

My first 5 days of routes..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Italy 2017-day1.jpg   Italy 2017-day2.jpg   Italy 2017-day3.jpg   Italy 2017-day4.jpg   Italy 2017-day5.jpg  

Italy 2017-day6.jpg  
    Iedereen op de moto (everybody on the motorbike)

37 is my lucky number

That looks like a blast!

I'm back from a splendid Italian roadtrip. I indeed had a blast, even on my little Black Tiger.
    First day we went from BAri to Picerno, where the roads were not that great. Even one section where we literally jumped off the street to land a few meters further, both wheels in the air. My left mirror was already a wee bit cracked, so that jump knocked it completely off. but no issues, we move the mirror from the right and fix it on the left and ride on...
    Overall we encountered countless turns, twisties, hairpins up and down, steep slopes, good roads, bad roads, offroads, tunnels, offcamber turns...we rolled the Amalfi coast line (considered one of the #worldsmostdangerousroads" Amalfi Coast Road
    Beautiful sceneries and view on mountains....we travelled up in thick fog and 2°C up to 2200m, to realize we could not see anything and had to roll down tailing eachothers taillight...Whenever I passed a creek, river, sea or lake, I took the opportunity to go for a dip to cool off.
    City trips, visiting beautfil historic cities like Siena, Firenze, Assisi, Rimini was not really planned as it would take too much time away from riding time, plus the temperature being so warm in full summer gear was sometimes too much...
    Visited (not entered) the Ducati Museum, the Imola racetrack and some of the others visited Tuvallia, the hometown of VR46, but found it overrated.

Summarized, it is a beautfil country, awesome roads, friendly people, good food and wine, and good weather...what more do you need

Some pictures for an impression. I'll be working on the number of vids and pics I took over time, stay tuned...
    Now prepping for my trip with the family to Northern Sweden
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Italy 2017-img_7598.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7600.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7609.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7613.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7620.jpg  

Italy 2017-img_7626.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7646.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7648.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7967.jpg   Italy 2017-img_7969.jpg  

Iedereen op de moto (everybody on the motorbike)

37 is my lucky number

Beautiful!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Pete

Epic journey!!!
    "When life throws you a curve...............................Slide forward, shift your weight to the inside peg, press the inside grip, set your apex and just roll on that throttle!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12