Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Dunlop Roadsmart II

Received my new tires today. It'll be a while before I will mount them but I thought I'd make a thread now.

They are pretty heavy and a very stiff carcass. Should be good for a big fat VFR.

The rear tire has surprisingly deep grooves, much more than I was expecting. I guess this should yield good life because look how much rubber there is before the wear bar.

I took some tread depth measurements at new and will continue taking them as I hit some mileage milestones

Front: 10 mm
    Rear: 13 mm
    Last edited by Dustin; 05-04-2015 at 02:29 PM.

I have a brand new set sitting in the shed too! Still life left in the mounted ones at 14,000 kms. I think they will be good for 4-5,000 more kms. I'll change them out before heading to the Grand Canyon. Mailed in my $50.00 rebate for the new tires today as well.
    1981 Yamaha 550 Seca, 2008 FZ1 Retro

Got my $50 pre-paid card in the mail today!

I'm getting my Roadsmarts installed tomorrow morning! Can't wait

I installed a pair last year. The rubber was noticeably stiffer than stock which I thought were stickier. The RS IIs will last longer, but IMO did not like giving up 10% in handling. One thousand miles later I have acclimated and they are fine. Just be aware the early miles will handle differently.

The RS IIs are on! I won't say much until I get a couple hundred miles on them That new tire feeling is pretty dramatic, my bike feels light as a feather

So I did my usual ride up to Squamish today to check out the RS IIs. This is definitely a great tire; even straight out the gate they inspire confidence. I've only got around 200 km on them at the moment so I'll wait a little longer before giving a more comprehensive review.

The front profile appears to be steeper than the T30s so the bike feels more agile and takes a lot less effort on the bars to start the turn. The bike feels like it dropped a bunch of weight so it will be interesting to see if it's any easier to ride when loaded 2up, I should imagine so.
    Last edited by Dustin; 06-22-2015 at 01:27 PM.

My RS 2's will be coming off tomorrow. Still life left in them but not enough for a 8,000 km trip! These tires have 15,862 kms on them. Mostly flat prairie riding.

Very happy with these tires and a new set of the same tires will be going on.

I'm very impressed with that mileage considering how much tread is left on the rear still! Thanks for posting

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast