Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

New rear at 4000 km; 95% of which has been commuting in cold & wet winter weather.

Last edited by Dustin; 03-17-2016 at 06:30 PM.

I love this tire on the back of my Tenere !! Not one complaint . I also love the PR4 on the front i think i found the perfect combo Dunlop Roadsmart II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how you would enjoy a matching set of either tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I wonder how you would enjoy a matching set of either tire.
    My buddy has over 13,000 miles on his PR4 s but the rear is $200 my Dunlap was $117 and I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I took some tread depth measurements at new and will continue taking them as I hit some mileage milestones

Front: 10 mm
    Rear: 13 mm
    I went outside and made some tread depth measurements so I could update the thread:

The current front tire has ~8600 km (5350 miles) and is now showing about 8 mm in the centre and 10 mm on the sides
    The current rear tire has ~11500 km (7150 miles) and is now showing about 10 mm in the centre and 11 mm on the sides

I've done a lot less fun sporty riding this year than I would have liked and only a handful of two up trips with the gal. Most of this mileage is from boring old commuting. For what it's worth
    Last edited by Dustin; 11-14-2016 at 08:50 PM.

I am getting rid of my Roadsmart IIs tomorrow at ~14,500 km (9000 miles) on the front and ~17,500 km (11,000 miles). I have been happy with these tires and other than my warranty issue, have had no real problems to speak of. The front tire has worn a little funny but considering the mileage, it's actually held up quite well and has escaped the scalloping that other tires suffer.

I would definitely consider the RS III in the future as I'm sure it'll be even better than the IIs have been

Houston, Texas - Reliant Stadium / Meyerland Area

I just replaced my rear RoadSmart II, which I have had since it was new. Mileage was 14, 535. I was very pleased with the traction in the dry, and in the rain, it was good until about the last 500 miles. Steel cord was just beginning to peak through. Now I have mounted a new front RoadSmart II. Will give a report after accumulating more mileage. I like the way the tread of these tires is so firm, even when off the wheel. I believe it leads to very even wear.

More to follow.
    Bill Baker
    Houston, TX
    2008 FZ1 - Candy Red
    2006 FZ1 - Cobalt Blue
    1982 Kawasaki KZ650
    2009 FZ1 - Cobalt Blue (Was offered a deal I couldn't refuse)
    1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)
    1977 Honda CB750F Supersport (sold)

Excellent mileage out of those, thanks for the report. I'm curious -- did your tire show have any cracks or strange wear towards the end of its life? Mine developed some strange marks in the centre of the tire as well as some cracks along the front treads, next to the base.

There was next to no loss of performance over their lifespan and the tire offered great feedback so I am a bit puzzled about it.

Last edited by Dustin; 07-29-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456