Will it fit?

Delta

Just a quick one
Ape manual cam chain tensioner on the packet it says R1 04-06 and Fz1 07-12
Will this also fit the 06 gen2 ?
Mine is registered in 07 but it is the 06 engine.
Are the cam tensioners the same?
Thank guys

Delta.

I've posted before about the cam chain tensioner but info seems very scarse on this subject.
I've got the manual cct now so I'm going to try and see if it fits the 06 model. As far as I can see they all look the same but I just wanted to be sure.

Delta.

Ok just incase anyone else needs to know.
The APE manual cct does fit. All is good no oil way blocking needed either.
It's just a bit of a pig to turn the Allen bolts as there's not much room to get your fingers in. The 5/8th locking nut on the Ape cct is also a pig to get a spanner on due to not much room to tighten it up. Anyway it's in, it works...
Cheers guys.
Delta

Thanks for updating the thread. I guess nobody else has tried 'em. Keep us posted on how it works out for you

So far it's ace, no more noise. The oem failed. The oil none return valve in the cct stopped holding the oil pressure after the engine sat for a few hours cooling down, hence the tic tic clack sound on start up for 10 to 20 seconds until oil pressure had built up again. The APE was a little fiddly to fit due to lack of space to get your fingers in etc. I diconected the clutch cable holder and the cable to give more room. Took side case off to expose the cam chain and timing marks. A 14mm socket and a ratchet to turn the crank to tdc. New ape manual cct in, turned tension bolt finger tight, turned the crank twice and checked for slack then took up the slack only by my fingers turning the bolt then did up the locking nut. Job done
The throttle response is better it picks up quicker and it sounds a little crisper.
Any bike that is riden hard or tuned should have one of these ape manual cct fitted.
The oem hydraulic cct does fail at high rpms so I've read on the web.
Cheers guys
Delta.

Back