Gen II Water Pump

This may be a stupid question, and I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot once someone points out that its right in front of my face, bu on an 06' FZ1, where the h*ll is the water pump housing located?

I am going to replace my impeller.... I know what a bloody water pump housing looks like.... I can't find it....??:confused0024:

Haha.... okay... I'll post pictures for this one..... it's inside the engine case. In order to access the impeller shaft, you must first: Drail oil, remove oil pan, then gingerly try to remove oil pump and water pump as a unit (understanding that you may need to remove the clutch assm. as well, then split the unit once its out of the engine, and you will finally have access to the impeller......

:jaw drop:

As an engineer.... I can see the motivation to keep the pump internal, but jeeze, that's more than a little rediculous. Thanks for the diagram...

Well I'm sure it's not meant to be serviced very often. Putting it where they did allowed the engineers to make the engine more compact and less complex (as far as driving the water pump was concerned).

Over heating

try a different heat range thermostat. Way back when I owned an english car,
i would swap out the thermostat between summer and winter . I needed more heat in the winter to drive the mountain roads and keep warm . also with propane running engines you need a hotter thermostat at times,This being because of the change of propane from liquid to gas.

Back