For Sale: 2001 FZ-1 $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

I'm trying to offload this 2001 fz-1. it has some issues and i am not exactly sure what they are, but can describe them to an extent. i'm asking $1000 for it. i believe it could be a good project bike for someone that knows what they are doing (which is not me!) it comes with the stock exhaust on it NOT THE M4 AFTERMARKET LIKE IN THE PICTURE. i have clean title, in hand. it is in kilometers and the bike has about 200 more miles than the milage equivalent listed on the title (idk for sure because the bike is garaged at my parents house and i'm not there). i believe there are about 8,000 or so miles on the bike. the bike is located in Easton, MA (zip code: 02375). i would be willing to ship it if the buyer paid for and coordinated the shipping services. if you are interested and in the area, and want to check it out, shoot me a message and we can arrange that. the problems are as follows:

1. the bike sometimes has trouble starting and when it does start, the bike sometimes has trouble getting going from a dead stop and stalls out. i am not exactly sure why this is.

2. the tank on it is dented. i also have an undented tank that comes with it, but it has a crack on the bottom and would need to be repaired and repainted.

3. the digital gauge needs to be calibrated as the speedometer is quite inaccurate.

4. the fan kicks on when the bike is turned on. (not sure if it's the sensor or the wiring or what the deal is)

6043551253_7b2f97a355_z.jpg

6043551113_5f3bf6a4b3_z.jpg

6043551187_fc4cca83af_z.jpg

i am trying to offload this bike and make room in my parents garage (which i seem to have completely taken over for the last few years!). i rode this bike last summer and it started better and rode better back then. i haven't really rode it this summer as i got my gen 2. it was sluggish on acceleration from a stop, and sometimes it was tough to find neutral, but other than that, it seemed to ride decently. shoot me a message if your interested. i really believe with some work and in the right hands of somebody that knows what they are doing, this bike could be really nice. thanks for looking guys.

Last edited:
Well, isn't this a pickle! These kind of deals only come along when I have no cash! I'd pick that bad boy up in a second. Just the forks, motor, wheels, and electronics is worth the price of purchase! Damn!!!

Well, isn't this a pickle! These kind of deals only come along when I have no cash! I'd pick that bad boy up in a second. Just the forks, motor, wheels, and electronics is worth the price of purchase! Damn!!!

yeah, the price reflects the fact that i am trying to part with it sooner than later haha

I know Billy! Great Project bike that needs little work and comes along when I don't have disposable income. :( Should not last long Paul!

that is plan b. if there is no serious interest, i may just end up parting it out. like i said, it's definitely a project bike, but it's probably less of a project than a lot of others out there, and it's a stylish custom gen1 to boot!

Man if I was in the states I would jump all over that and even come pick it up. But as it stands right now won't be back in the states till around October.

This is so tempting. I've been "lusting" after a naked bike for a while now. And this Summer after test riding the Z1000 and FZ8 I want one even more...lol. Biggest issue for me is the lack of time to commit toward a project like this :(

Rats. If it could be ridden as is, I would be tempted to fly to Boston and ride it home. (I like adventure, in case you wondered).

You should be able to sell it very easily. What about Craigslist or Ebay?

Good luck.

Rats. If it could be ridden as is, I would be tempted to fly to Boston and ride it home. (I like adventure, in case you wondered).

You should be able to sell it very easily. What about Craigslist or Ebay?

Good luck.

i haven't posted it on either because i came here first to give preference to members. if nobody is interested after a sufficient amount of time, then i will put it up on those sites. i am in negotiations with one member right now.

I was just wondering if this is still available? I will be driving through Boston on my way back home tomorrow and may want to check this out.

Thank You!

No Other Option

I looked at your profile and you don't offer email or Instant Messaging.

Is it, at all, possible, to ride this bike? Could a determined person get it back to their home territory?

Please advise.

hey guys,

update: i am trying to deal with local people right now, so i am probably not going to be entertaining any offers involving shipping anymore. i apologize for this to anyone that has inquired about it and would have had to get it shipped. i have some one coming on saturday morning to see it, and he seems committed to buying it. again, i apologize, not trying to mess with anyone as most of you know i'm not like that. thanks to everyone that showed interest. i will let you other local guys know if anything changes and it is still available after saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back