Double Exhaust underseat

Hi Drivers,

i have a brand new FZ 1. But optical i need some modification... I have also a V2 Bike (TL 1000 R) with a very nice exhaust system.

My question:
I looking for a Double Exhaust Underseat system for the FZ1. Ducati styling!

Somebody know a System? I can´t find something in the www.
Thanks for the answer...
rgs
Norddeutscher

Hi Drivers,

i have a brand new FZ 1. But optical i need some modification... I have also a V2 Bike (TL 1000 R) with a very nice exhaust system.

My question:

Thanks for the answer...
rgs
Norddeutscher

Hi Drivers,

My question:

Thanks for the answer...
rgs
Norddeutscher

Only company that I'm aware of that offers a dual exhaust for the Gen II FZ1 is Ixil. Here's a pic of it:

Hi Drivers,

Thanks a lot for the quick answers.

This pic I found also in the www. But I found also a Akrapovic system. Looks also very good!
Check the link:

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={8427b838-dc04-4766-aa17-ac58143af232}&gid={b3096327-4a58-41df-9bd9-4cbf4f49e8d3}&GroupName=Yamaha+FZ1%2fFZS+1000+and+FZ6%2fFZS+600+Exhausts&pname=SLIP-ON+SP+SERIES+EXHAUST+SYSTEM&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

Know is the question which system has the best sound?
Akrapovic... for sure very populare!
IXIL... ? No experience... I never heard that name before. Very rare in germany!

Nice weekend an a lot of sun for all the hard riders!
rgs...

As NJFZ1 stated Ixil are the only ones that make the exhaust you're looking for.

As far as I know they are solid company and I have seen the same exhaust on a Kawasaki z1000, had the opportunity to talk to the guy who owns it, and he was pretty happy with the looks and sound.

On the other hand if you're looking to gain HP from that exhaust I can't help you because don't know anyone who has done a dyno run.

Hi Drivers,

Thanks a lot for the quick answers.

This pic I found also in the www. But I found also a Akrapovic system. Looks also very good!
Check the link:

http://www.chromeworld.com/ProductDetails/ProductDetails.aspx?pid={8427b838-dc04-4766-aa17-ac58143af232}&gid={b3096327-4a58-41df-9bd9-4cbf4f49e8d3}&GroupName=Yamaha+FZ1%2fFZS+1000+and+FZ6%2fFZS+600+Exhausts&pname=SLIP-ON+SP+SERIES+EXHAUST+SYSTEM&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

Know is the question which system has the best sound?
Akrapovic... for sure very populare!
IXIL... ? No experience... I never heard that name before. Very rare in germany!

Nice weekend an a lot of sun for all the hard riders!
rgs...
Pic is not of a FZ1 and I promise you that the pictured akra system would require extensive modifications to fit. Why the undertail? Plenty of decent looking side mounted can systems that have a proven track record of price, quality, weight reduction and performance gain.

Hi Guys,

Thanks again...
Ok, if you know somebody who is satisfied with the IXIL exhaust... I have the answer.

The Akraopo sytem brings (of course) more power. I read something about 11 hp.
More weight?! Yes I agree! But what we talking about? Maximum 3 Kilos. For maybe 11 hp... Thats a nice calculation.

I will check the german dealers of IXIL exhaust systems.
I keep you updated!
Thanks for your help and expierience!

rgs from german northsea coast

The akra setup you posted is for a FZ6, not FZ1.
It will never fit unless you rebuild the entire rear end of your bike.
And its built for a 600cc engine, not sure if that'll work 1:1 with a 1000cc bike.

I thought the general concensus was moving the exhaust lower made better use of the weight distribution, plus you don't have two hot cans straddling your butt that you must maneuver around every time you throw a leg over your bike. I agree, if you look at the tail section of a gen II bike, there isn't enough space under there to put a couple mufflers unless they were extremely small.

Back