Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default For Sale: 2001 FZ-1 $1000

SOLD

I'm trying to offload this 2001 fz-1. it has some issues and i am not exactly sure what they are, but can describe them to an extent. i'm asking $1000 for it. i believe it could be a good project bike for someone that knows what they are doing (which is not me!) it comes with the stock exhaust on it NOT THE M4 AFTERMARKET LIKE IN THE PICTURE. i have clean title, in hand. it is in kilometers and the bike has about 200 more miles than the milage equivalent listed on the title (idk for sure because the bike is garaged at my parents house and i'm not there). i believe there are about 8,000 or so miles on the bike. the bike is located in Easton, MA (zip code: 02375). i would be willing to ship it if the buyer paid for and coordinated the shipping services. if you are interested and in the area, and want to check it out, shoot me a message and we can arrange that. the problems are as follows:

1. the bike sometimes has trouble starting and when it does start, the bike sometimes has trouble getting going from a dead stop and stalls out. i am not exactly sure why this is.

2. the tank on it is dented. i also have an undented tank that comes with it, but it has a crack on the bottom and would need to be repaired and repainted.

3. the digital gauge needs to be calibrated as the speedometer is quite inaccurate.

4. the fan kicks on when the bike is turned on. (not sure if it's the sensor or the wiring or what the deal is)

i am trying to offload this bike and make room in my parents garage (which i seem to have completely taken over for the last few years!). i rode this bike last summer and it started better and rode better back then. i haven't really rode it this summer as i got my gen 2. it was sluggish on acceleration from a stop, and sometimes it was tough to find neutral, but other than that, it seemed to ride decently. shoot me a message if your interested. i really believe with some work and in the right hands of somebody that knows what they are doing, this bike could be really nice. thanks for looking guys.
    Last edited by pjspin0331; 08-27-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: SOLD!
    :shoot:2009 Yamaha FZ-1 (Cobalt Blue)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Man if you were closer I would go get it.
    Shipping a bike is killer.
    Sounds like a good deal to me
    GLWS
    01 Fz1 Street ride
    2013 Dart Rallye

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry bud - I'm looking for a Victory 8 Ball project bike.
    Wanted to give you a bump - Good deal IMO :tup:
    2004 FZ1 Skunk
    2002 R1 Track Bike

2000 DZR Trail Bike

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Well, isn't this a pickle! These kind of deals only come along when I have no cash! I'd pick that bad boy up in a second. Just the forks, motor, wheels, and electronics is worth the price of purchase! Damn!!!
    Billy
    97' YZF1000 Black and Gray, Bridgestone 023's, Russell Braided Lines, Yoshimura RS-3, RK 530 X-Ring Chain, GenII Front Calipers, DynaBeads, Ivan's Jet Kit

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1riderNY View Post
    Well, isn't this a pickle! These kind of deals only come along when I have no cash! I'd pick that bad boy up in a second. Just the forks, motor, wheels, and electronics is worth the price of purchase! Damn!!!
    yeah, the price reflects the fact that i am trying to part with it sooner than later haha

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I know Billy! Great Project bike that needs little work and comes along when I don't have disposable income. Should not last long Paul!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1riderNY View Post
    that is plan b. if there is no serious interest, i may just end up parting it out. like i said, it's definitely a project bike, but it's probably less of a project than a lot of others out there, and it's a stylish custom gen1 to boot!

Feedback Score

Man if I was in the states I would jump all over that and even come pick it up. But as it stands right now won't be back in the states till around October.
    Ernie
    2008 FZ1 16T front sprocket, super trapp exhaust, yamaha gel seat, pro grip tank protector, 195/55R17PR2 tire

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This is so tempting. I've been "lusting" after a naked bike for a while now. And this Summer after test riding the Z1000 and FZ8 I want one even more...lol. Biggest issue for me is the lack of time to commit toward a project like this

Houston, Texas - Reliant Stadium / Meyerland Area
    Feedback Score

Rats. If it could be ridden as is, I would be tempted to fly to Boston and ride it home. (I like adventure, in case you wondered).

You should be able to sell it very easily. What about Craigslist or Ebay?

Good luck.
    Bill Baker
    Houston, TX
    2008 FZ1 - Candy Red
    2009 FZ1 - Cobalt Blue (Was offered a deal I couldn't refuse)
    1982 Kawasaki KZ650
    1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 (sold)
    1977 Honda CB750F Supersport (sold)