Sportmax Q2 pressure II

Thanks to the folks who responded...as mentioned, replaced the stock tires with Q2s, set pressure at 36f/42r cold (2009 FZ1) and the bike was "squishy", especially the back tire, felt like the pressure was low. So, increased pressure but problem persisted so on advice I LOWERED the pressure to 34f/38r cold and took the bike up Mt. Lemmon here in SE Arizona. I can say that there is a significant improvement in stability and "sure footedness", it cornered very well, and my confidence level increased (except for the "tar snakes", which in AZ get very oily when hot and tires do not do well on them). My lean angle increased significantly, and the back tire is scrubbed in about to the edge. Thanks again to the folks who responded.

Thanks to the folks who responded...as mentioned, replaced the stock tires with Q2s, set pressure at 36f/42r cold (2009 FZ1) and the bike was "squishy", especially the back tire, felt like the pressure was low. So, increased pressure but problem persisted so on advice I LOWERED the pressure to 34f/38r cold and took the bike up Mt. Lemmon here in SE Arizona. I can say that there is a significant improvement in stability and "sure footedness", it cornered very well, and my confidence level increased (except for the "tar snakes", which in AZ get very oily when hot and tires do not do well on them). My lean angle increased significantly, and the back tire is scrubbed in about to the edge. Thanks again to the folks who responded.

Glad it worked out for you, they are pretty awesome tyres.

Back